Saturday 27 September 2008

Conversations with 4 year olds

My adorable 4 year old son comes up to me and says out of the blue, "Step Mothers are evil."

I respond, "No they're not. I have a step mother."

His eyes are now wide open in surprise, "You DO?"

After taking some time to consider this fact, he then asks, "Does she give you hugs?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yep."

...thinking some more, then I see that look on his face and know another question is coming...

"Does she try to kill you?"

I did not see that one coming. Trying to keep a serious look on my face, I let him know that she never tried to kill me. He looked so stunned by this. He mulled it over, and decided that maybe not all step mothers were evil.

I'm glad we took care of that... now off to find out what big brother let him watch while I was out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!