Friday 26 September 2008

Getting excited!

Less than 24 hours till I go for my ultrasound! My husband is finally going to see the baby! He's missed the last ones, not all his fault. For the first one, he had to work and I went with a friend. For the next one, he came with me. We were arriving a few minutes late, so he dropped me off in front of the building and went to park the car. When he came in, he went to the office on his left instead of down the hall and to the right; he ended up in a lab waiting room and waited patiently. When he asked when he can come in to see the baby, they told him he was in the wrong office! He quickly went down the hall, and found the ultrasound lab. The receptionist told him to sit down, and they'd call him. She didn't realize that they'd already just called his name twice! Poor thing! So when I came out, he looked so let down.

The next ultrasound was really just for my kidney, and not for the baby at all, but I asked the technician if we could sneak a peek since we have all that goopy gel on me, anyways. I was not far enough along to feel kicking yet, so it would make me feel releived to know that the baby is doing alright. She was not in the best of moods, but allowed me to see the baby. When I told her that my husband was in the hall and had not yet seen the baby, she said, "That's ok. He'll catch the next one when you do your routine 20 week ultrasound" and wouldn't budge on that. So I got to see what looked like the baby sucking it's thumb, which made me very happy. When I came back out in the waiting room after it was done, my husband looked at me and said, "You've got to be kidding!" He missed it again! He was not pleased with this at all.

So at our next prenatal, I told the doctor about this, and he said I didn't really need a 20 week ultrasound as I've had plenty! But... since he knew Rob missed them all, he was nice enough to schedule me for one last baby ultrasound (we had to go for another kidney one, anyway, so why not?). So I told Rob this was his last chance to see the baby before it's birth day. He scheduled around it so he can be there with me.

I'm getting really excited! I can't wait to see all the wiggling and kicking!
I feel kicking every night, around 9:30 pm, but you know how cool it is to actually see your baby squirming around inside.
I'm also curious to see what position the baby is in. I think by the way it's kicking into my bladder, it must be feet down. Now and then I get a nudge in my lower left side, but usually all the kicking is straight down!

Today I also opened up my knitting trunk, and found a dishcloth that had been started. I'm thinking it must be the Optomist Prime one my son asked me to make for him, so I'm going to find the pattern and see how rusty I am at it.

I also baked 3 batches of muffins this morning... baking, blogging, knitting... anything but cleaning up the house today! I don't know how it got this messy last night, but I'm procrastinating. I'll bet it will only take about 10 minutes to pick up, but I'm just in a doddling mood today. Perhaps I will see if my 12 year old wants to make some extra chore money today?

1 comment:

  1. do you ever wonder if they put something in the coffee at hospitals to make so many of the techs so grouchy? i can't believe that she would let rob see the baby! there's a word for people like her, but it's not polite.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!