Saturday 28 March 2009

Mystery Knit Along








 


           .........................................................................Tonya is celebrating her Blogoversary with a Blog Candy Contest!  Check it out!  There's a few days left and she will ship anywhere for the winner!

If you look carefully at the third photo, you'll see that my baby has just learned to make bubbles with her mouth!

Yesterday I signed up for a Knit Along Group at Rachel's Knitting Room.
I went to pick out some cotton yarn for this month's mystery Knit along.  Usually they do dishcloths, but this month they have decided to try something different.  Most of the cotton yarn at this particular store were only in 50 gram skeins - too small for this project, as I needed about 500 yards worth, not to mention they didn't have enough matching dye lots.  I managed to find some 100 gram balls of yarn by Lion Brand called Cotton Ease, and found 3 skeins with the right dye lot.

Even though everyone else is on day 12, I'm going to try it anyway.  Hoping to catch up to the rest of the group, but not putting too much pressure on myself.  I've unravelled a couple times so far - no major mistakes, it just looks sloppy.  I think my being rusty has led to my knitting not being as consistent with the tension as I thought it would be.  It was mostly too tight, so it would barely slide across the needle.  So I don't have a photo yet of any progress to show you, but here's a couple of the color I chose.  Of course, I had to get my little princess to be in the photo, too, you know.  My computer doesn't take the clearest of photos... if you're not completely still, it blurs a bit.

Today, I also went out to do some Easter candy shopping for the boys.  Unfortunately for me, they were aware of it when I brought in the bags and so of course they now have the exciting temptation of finding it where I've stashed it away until I can hide it for our easter egg hunt.  I managed to hint to them that I won't hide easter candy in messy rooms... let's hope that motivates them to tidy their room real good by then.  It's not too bad right now, but I don't want to step on any of the legos on their floor.

My mother and I went out to Sheridan Nursery today to look at the spring plants - it was a nice 'pick me up' after a rough week.  I bought her some Shamrock plants for her birthday, and a planter with various bulbs - mostly tulips and crocuses.  Yellow and Purple they were, so we also choose some beautiful matching pansies to plant in our planters along with the tulips.  I'll take photos of them tomorrow.  I was hoping to transplant them today, but got sidetracked with other things... oops!  I left them all out on my front porch!  I sure hope it doesn't get too cold out during the night!  I'd better go bring them in the house.

I think I'm like the mouse in that children's book, If You Give a Mouse a Muffin, or was it a pancake?  I have a few of those books...
... if you let Jenn go to Michaels, she'll buy some yarn.  When she buys the yarn, she'll see how pretty the colour is.  It will remind her of one of baby Emma's new jammies.  The jammies are a pinky/fusia colour similar to that.  Then she will look for something for Emma... she will spot a pink sand bucket - a little young for playing in sand, but it's so cute!  The pink bucket will remind Jenn of easter egg hunts, so Jenn will want to get easter eggs to put in the bucket.  Jenn goes to another store to buy eggs and chocolate... but get's sidetracked with all the other things in the store...  etc.  and eventually makes her way back home. 
No wondery DH doesn't care to go shopping with me!  I had only plans to go to one store today, but found I had made my way to about 5 of them.  At least I was in good company!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!