Tuesday 18 January 2011

ARG!

OK.  So, I got my friends mitts done.  I screwed them up nicely.  I relaxed a bit too much on the second mitt, and the gauge changed a tiny bit.  You can see it here in the photo. If you stretch the first mitt, you can make them look the same, but when I wear them I can notice a relaxed fit on the second mitt.  I am tempted to make a third mitt in a relaxed fit as well.  I might have enough yarn left over, but it's hard to tell. 
 Aside from having the mitts being one tighter than the other, I have a problem with a blob of color showing up on the hand.
 You see it?  Does it look to you like someone spilled something there?  I tried to make the second one identical by casting off at the same point.  I thought this would make it so that when finished, you could wear the blob on the insides of both mitts.  Of course, it turns out I made two left mitts or two right mitts.  This pattern is designed so you can wear the mitt comfortably on either hand, which is true.  It feels good wearing it.  But I wanted mirror twins, not like this.




I thought I had read somewhere that there was a way to make the color spiral the opposite way, but I don't recall how it's done.



Here's what the other side looks like.  It would have made a nice outer side for the hand.



But this is what I get...
 It doesn't even look like a pair, does it???
I really wanted to have this project done by this coming Friday, as my friend comes over for my birthday weekend celebration.  I'll try not to pout... on the bright side, I will be learning something new.  Can't fix a mistake without learning a lesson.  Just breathe...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors!! I learned a long time ago...just getting out of bed in the morning is a lesson!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!