Sunday 16 January 2011

Guess what I just got on Etsy???


OK, so first see the photo on the post below of the Alice Cullen mitts. OK, so anyone of you who have actually seen Twilight's NEW MOON movie, may notice that these mitts are a little off in colour pattern. The ones in the movie (you can see the photo and view pattern details on ravelry, but pattern is in the book Vampire Knits ).

This has been driving me crazy! The yarn here is hand-dyed, so I can't find anything that would make these cute little splotches of colour. So I found out from the designer, Nancy Fry, that the hand-dyed cotton is available on Etsy. There were two skeins left! I don't know if they make more or not, but it was called New Moon. The colour was apparently inspired by the hues in the movie. So I got one! I know, I know... why didn't I get two? tsk, tsk. I'm sure once I start working with it I'll be kicking myself for not getting more. By the way, you are the only ones I've told. No one else knows! Can you imagine how much trouble I will be in when my best friend finds out that I didn't get a Twilight yarn for her, too? She is a huge Twilight fan. I wonder what knitted goodies the next movie will inspire? And do you think Alice knits her own things? She would be fast enough, and has the designer's flare. And would Bella take up knitting when she becomes a vampire, as she won't have clumsy hands anymore. She wore those really nice warm pair of grey double knitted cable mittens in the first one, the day of the slippery ice incident. So she might take it up, but as she doesn't care much for fashion, she probably wouldn't. I myself am fashionably challenged, I have not of the fashion world. But I love knitting!

So - if you had super speed and accuracy like the Cullens, what would you do with it?
Would you knit a pattern that you like but have never bothered with due to skill level, length of time to finish, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!