Friday 11 February 2011

Valentine's are on their way

In ravelry, I am participating in a Blue Valentine's swap.  I got all my parcels out on Wednesday at the post office just before they were closing.  I didn't get a chance to go by after work or before knitting club, so I rushed there right after.  They were about to close, and saw how many parcels I had (7 of them) to send out.  I was told there was no way they could get out 10 packages in the next 10 minutes.  I quickly said, "Oh, I only have 7, and they are all addressed and ready to go."  She hesitated, and so I asked if we could just get out as many as possible today I'd appreciate it.  She was so nice, she served me and actually stayed a few minutes past the deadline to let me get them all sent out.

I realized after the fact that I had not taken any photos of the stuff I put in them.  They each contained one music CD, which I tried to customize to suit each person.  We'll see how off I was at that when they receive them... the theme had hinted at sultry blues, but I kept going back to jazz for my selections.  I also threw in a special Austin Powers soundtrack CD for those of them who were notorious for doing that Dr. Evil laugh through our discussion boards.  I really hope they get a kick out of that.  Most of the selections I chose were big band - Glenn Millar, Benny Goodman, Woody Herman.  But I also included Russell Gunn (Fly Me to the Moon), Count Basie (Ain't Misbehavin'), and Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers (My Funny Valentine).

I made a different Valentine card for each person, and above is a photo of one of the cards I made with my son.  We used scrapbook paper for the outside of the card.  Inside we used glitter glue, tissue paper, and yarn for the heart.  I think that's called an I-cord?  We glued it around in a heart shape.

I'm hoping to convince my hubby to watch a chick flick this weekend, though I don't know which one.  We may settle for watching The Rock in the movie Tooth Fairy with our kids. 

Happy Valentine's weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!