Friday 25 February 2011

Fabulous Friday

Ah, Friday is here again.  It was so nice to have a 4 day work week, after having some time off on the long weekend.  Monday was Family Day, and we enjoyed spending time with relatives on our out-of-town trip.

I can't believe I'm not overly tired today.  I stayed up way too late last night watching Episode 1 of Wives and Daughters on Netflix.  The link is there incase you aren't familiar with the mini series, but if you like Jane Austen type movies, you may like this one.  I liked it, and ended up watching all 4 episodes at once, figuring I'd fall asleep at some point.  I didn't.  I very much liked the movie, but at almost 4:00 in the morning I was disappointed that I hadn't fallen off to sleep yet.  So I put on my audio book of Persuasion, which usually puts me out within one chapter.  Not that I find the book boring, but the voice is good to fall asleep to.  I fell in and out of sleep, and didn't feel well rested.  You know that tossing and turning kind of sleep?  After that I figured I would be extremely tired today.  Granted, I'm not as perky as I usually am, but I'm not tired. 

It's a nice quiet afternoon, too.  Right now it's quiet time for the children, and those who are not napping are watching Veggie Tales on TV.  I tired them out quite well at play group this morning.

I am getting anxious to finish this baby kimono I'm doing.  I'd say that I'm almost halfway done now.  I had hoped to finish it ahead of time - I'm not late for sending it out, but I wanted it done sooner.  It's made with Knit Picks Crayon cotton yarn in Clementine colorway. Here is a pic:



 We had more mail this week from the Ravelry's Valentine's mini swap.  I should count them to make sure I haven't forgotten to post a picture of one of them, I would feel bad if I had overlooked anyone by mistake.  This week we got two packages in the mail - boy, were the kids ever excited!  They think whenever there is a large envelope in the mail, there's a good chance that some of it may contain goodies for them.  They weren't disappointed.  In this first one from Melissa, we received a handy blue bag that she made for me.  I love it!  I can use this to store my dpns, or my circs.  I don't really have a place for my circs, so this would be perfect.  I keep losing them in my large knitting bag.  Also in this parcel was a nice glittery card (my toddler especially likes this.  She shines it in the light), two Valentine's themed pencils, some mentos mints for me, some Blue's Clues stickers for the kids, and several mini packs of Skittles with Valentine's card stickers attached.  The kids and I thought that was fantastic!  I won't forget to mention the French Vanilla hot cocoa mix, which didn't make it to the photo shoot.  It has been snowing, and after playing in the snow for a good hour we found a good occasion to make some up and enjoy.  We also enjoyed the Creme Brulee hot cocoa mix I got last week in the mail, but not enough snow came down last week for me to justify opening it up.  It was way too mild.  But we are expecting a snow storm over the next day or two, so I'll have no problems finishing off my hot cocoa supply.  Yum! 

Next - here is a photo Emma and I were playing peek-a-boo on photobooth using the Valentine's cards from Angela.  Emma likes to hold them up covering her face, then look at the camera and shout 'boo!'.  I especially like the vintage Valentine's Day card Ang was able to find for me.  Included in this parcel was an adorable blue bracelet, and 3 CD's with Blue's music on them.  There is only one CD showing in the photo because one CD is in use.  One of the things I liked about this swap was that music was optional:  some of sent each other music mixes to listen to, and I have lots of new music to listen to now.  It's been really fun so far.  I like this group.  I hope everyone has been enjoying the music I sent out as well.  I made a different mix for each person.  I tried looking for Blues, but ended up filling most CD's with Jazz both new and old.  I haven't heard back if any of the Austen Powers soundtrack CD's were liked or not.  That was sort of a joke, to go along with their evil laugh comments posted (mwahahaha).  I hope it wasn't too over the top.  Would you laugh if someone sent you one?  Mike Meyers does the best Dr. Evil laugh, so I thought it was all good.

I have two more knitting WIP's to finish off this weekend, then will post a photo of my swap packages that are otherwise ready and waiting to be mailed out.  There is no danger of being discovered though, no one from over there reads my blog.  All the discussions are being done via discussion forum threads nowadays.  I could be wrong though, I might have a partner who is really good at friendly stalking and discovers my thread.  If so, well done... and don't read this weekend's post.  You wouldn't want to spoil your surprise... would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!