Friday 5 June 2009

Emma's new sweater




My mother came by the other day for a visit, something I will miss when she moves to Toronto this summer.  The boys love having her around!  She's only about a 10 minute drive away, and my DS5 knows what her Toyota Highlander looks like - so when we were walking around the block together he saw one and said, "there's Gramma's house!"  I had a hard time convincing him otherwise, as he saw the facts.  If it was her car, it was her house.  No disputing it.  I'll have to drive him over to her place to show him where she lives again, and possibly over to Toyota to show him all the cars they have in a row that are the same, but not all of them belong to Gramma.  What a cutie!

Gramma brought over the most adorable sweater for Emma;  I love baby sweaters!  Emma seems to look cute in anything she wears, but this little sweater reminds me of a princess.  Gramma's neighbours are very experienced knitters, and made 2 dolls for her, and a mouse.  Big brother Evan had decided the tail of the mouse was no good for Emma, so he cut it off!  Good thing he's not opposed to the braids on the dolly, or she's get a buzz cut, so I won't mention her hair to him.  I have to make sure Emma has her blanky when wearing the sweater, though, since she started teething and is constantly putting things in her mouth.  I wouldn't want her to chew apart the fine knitting on the collar, or to chew off a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!