Sunday 7 June 2009

Luci's Mudhouse

My boys and I went to Luci's Mudhouse, a.k.a. the Art Studios (I liked their old name better, so I still use it).  They have pre-fired pottery there you can paint, and then pick up after it's been glazed.  The boys each picked out a project, and they helped me make a travel mug with baby Emma's handprint on it.  I've been wanting a new travel mug for awhile now, and one that's not made in China, so this was great! 

Evan made this robot, he calls it his Transformer, and was a little disappointed to find out that it doesn't actually transform.  But he likes it anyways.

This is his robot and the one his little friend made.  We invited 3 other kids to come along with us, so it made for a good field trip.

And here is Burk's shark.  It's actually a secret storage box shark.  The top lifts off for you to hide little things in, like his chore money.  He's saving up to get the Playstation game, Little Big Planet, with that cute little sack boy.  I've downloaded a pattern for one that he would like for me to knit.  I think it's way above my skill level, but a friend has offered to help coach me if I need it.

And here is my new mug!  Emma's hand prints are on either side, within the painted heart shape.  They are a little squishy, but I think it's great!  Evan even painted the inside of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!