Wednesday 10 June 2009

Need a nap?

One of my favourite photos.

Our friends gave Emma this udderly adorable moo cow. It's so sweet!
When I was a little baby, my mother used to put a hot water bottle
wrapped in towels next to me, and I'd nudge right up to it.
She said it worked wonders for me. So I tried it with my boys when
they were babies, and it worked. I was always nervous, though, that
the end would come undone and then you'd have hot water leaking near
a baby. I've never heard of it really happening, but you never know...
So this cow is special - it's filled with lavender, and it's
microwave heatable up to two minutes. I find with our microwave,
that it only needs about 45 - 50 seconds to be cuddly warm.
I put it next to Emma when she falls asleep and she snuggles right up
to it! It was so cute when I saw her first grab on to Cuddles' ear,
and she held on to that ear for almost her whole nap!

Now, whenever she gets tired and starts to become fussy, all I have
to do is bring her Cuddles and she calms down so fast, like she knows
it's quiet time.

This cow is so soothing, so amazing! I love it, and I hope we never
lose it.
Maybe I should buy another one just in case... I did that for my
eldest son's stuffed dog, Tracker.
I'd hidden it deep in my closet, to keep it safe. One day, he came
running to me, almost out of breath.
"Mommy! Mommy! Tracker has a brother!!!" He had found the double. I
didn't know what to say. I was thinking, "Oh no. What do I do now?
Do I get 2 more of them, incase we lose these guys?"  We did not, and life went on.  We have since lost the 2 little doggies, but he remembers them fondly, and we did take photos of them for our scrap book.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I would never have thought of something like that.

    You liked my Swiffer Wetjet Cover. I have no objection to you posting a link on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just get caught up on some blog reading. miss emma is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn

    It's been awhile - Congrats on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

    The pictures are gorgeous - so peaceful and precious -

    I saw the pattern for the swiffer at Michaels the other day and didn't think about it until I saw your post - I think I will have to try and make one...

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!