Wednesday 16 April 2008

Coffee Swap Topic # 1

First off, I'd like to apologize to my fellow coffee swappers and my secret pal, whoever you are, for having been so far behind in my blogging. Better late than never! I've put on "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for my boys to watch, and am taking some time aside to catch up on my blog and then I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!  So on to topic #1...

Browse around some of the other blogs of participants, and find one person who enjoys a similar roast coffee to you - share something interesting about them that you find on THEIR blog, and tell us what you've been working on knitting or crochet-wise this week!

This was an interesting blog from one of the participants. What a great knitter!
I really like the color changes she uses in her knitting.


I found that Sarah and I have something in common: we both love Mocha flavoured coffee! She also likes tulips, as do I. It's so sad that they don't last long enough.

I discovered that Penny likes Tim Horton's coffee, like me. I'm still not sure if Tim Horton's coffee is considered a 'bold roast' or what? I guess they must be 'regular', but I think they use fine grind.

I'm going to take my secret pal's advice this week and try buying a little bit of coffee beans to grind in my blender. It has a button labeled "grind" so I'm going to see if it works for coffee beans.

What's new for knitting? This week I finished 2 dishcloths for my partner in a Swap-bot dishcloth exchange. I thought I would try signing up and see what it was like. I have to say, I enjoyed making 2 dishcloths to send away for someone, but it's not as fun as participating in a blog swap! The requirements was to just do 2 dishcloths and send them away. That's it. No special notes to your pal, no extra goodies inside, no extra requirements to ponder about, no extra shopping to do. It's still more fun to get a surprise dishcloth from someone else as opposed to making your own, so I'm not knocking it at all. Just that now I've tried both, I know that I really enjoy the full-out blogging swaps better. Hope I'm not offending anyone. I haven't received my 2 dishcloths in the mail yet, and am really looking forward to it. Guess what I made for my partner? For my first one, I was looking through Ravelry for a pattern and I spotted an Optimus Prime transformer truck. My kids were so excited about it! I just had to make one! Of course, when they found out I was mailing away the coolest dishcloth ever, you can imagine their disappointment. I'll have to knit a new one for them. For the second dishcloth, I decided to crochet a crosses & losses pattern. I really like the texture change in it, and after my pal Alaina liked hers I thought I would try it again. This time I tried it with a variegated cream color and light brown. I thought it came out pretty funky, almost like it was a cream color cloth that someone has spilt coffee blotches on. Hopefully the recipient will like it, too. Sorry, I completely forgot to take photos of the cloths! Oops!

1 comment:

  1. An Optimus Prime dish cloth? I have to check that out, I know a few people who would like dish cloth like that! Thanks so much for the tip, up to Ravelry!

    your SP

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!