Wednesday 16 April 2008

Spring Fling Coffee Swap Topic #3


Tell us how you started drinking coffee. Were you in high school or college and making it through all nighters? Did you get it from a family member? What drives your love of the bean?

It was always a special trip when my mom would bring us to Timmy's with a friend for coffee. We didn't get to drink any, but we'd get a muffin and it was a treat. She'd tell us that when we turned 12, we'd be allowed to try some. I don't actually remember what my first sip tasted like, just how I was making sure I sipped it slowly. I remember being taught to stir my cup so that the spoon wouldn't clank on the sides and upset the people at the next table. Truth be told, I like the little clanking sound when I stir the sugar in my coffee. My high school friends would put so much sugar in their coffee... no wait. That was me. I still love the smell of Timmy's coffee. I can tell a Timmy's coffee blindfolded, without tasting it. I wish they would put their scent in a candle. My husband admits that while he doesn't care at all for the taste of coffee, he does like the smell of Tim Horton's coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with Tim Horton's coffee. Do you know if it is also available in the US? (my hubby s going there next month)
    In my family they've the bad habit to give their babies coffee when they are old enough to drink out of a mug. So I have drunk coffee all my life minus one year.
    I have not sustained this tradition with my own children though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, Tim Horton's is not available in the US. It's strictly Canadian, and they don't give away their secret ingredient, though most of it think it's Cinnamon and something else. I would be most happy to send you a little packet to try, but then I'd feel sorry for you that you couldn't enjoy it all the time. :( You're almost better off not knowing what you're missing. I am sending some to my secret pal overseas, so she'll go through that as well. I'm sending her a whole tin of it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!