Wednesday 16 April 2008

Spring Fling Coffee Swap Topic # 2

Since some of us are beginning to see glimpses of Spring, while others are still getting snow have you changed what projects you are working on? Have you put away the hats, scarfs and mittens, and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps? Have you changed yarn to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

The very last little bit of snow that I can see in my entire neighbourhood is just about melted in my own back yard. It was from that snow pile I shoveled snow onto in order to make my dog and children some cool trenches (or snow maze) to play in. The remaining snow hill is now only a few inches high. Good-bye Winter, hello Spring! I still have a few sweaters promised to children, that I must finish. I am trying to convince them they want short sleeved sweaters, so they can still wear them or I fear they will be too warm. And I don't plan to make any more hats for awhile. But as I am wanting to do some cabling, I have an irish scarf on my queue list from the book I received from my Scavenger Hunt partner. I love that book! One skien projects; what a brilliant idea for someone to make into a book! I also intend on making some fingerless gloves. Then it will be on to felting and socks. Were you wondering if I'd gotten round to that yet? Well, I am still just a beginner knitter, so I am likely slower than you are. Also, in my defense, I do not have one of those fancy little "Round Tuit"s that people send one another. I wonder if they really work? :)

My bobble purse is 3/4 done now, I'm so thrilled! A few more rows, then I just have to sew it up, make handles, and put in a lining. Oh, and I keep forgetting to get that pair of size 15 wooden needles to use for the purse edges. This is my first bag/purse project and I'm quite happy so far with it. I won't tell you how many times I've had to frog it when I forgot what row I was on and completely messed up the pattern... but I've done so much better now that I'm using the abacus bracelet I got on Etsy. (sorry for not using links in this post, I'm trying to finish up before hubby gets home from work or he will think I'm hogging the computer)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!