Thursday 24 April 2008

A Weekend Getaway!

My family and I have the whole weekend, including Friday, off work.  We've been talking all week about ideas for what we might do... go to Niagara Falls?  Montreal?  Visit relatives?  We've been checking out Expedia.ca to see if there are any last minute deals.  I think we just want to go somewhere to relax, but we also would like to bring our dog with us.  So we haven't figured it out yet.  We don't have a passport, so I'm pretty sure that leaves out U.S. (unless it's by car, so just the northern area we could do).

Any ideas?

Any pet-friendly Bed & Breakfasts you've been to that you'd like to recommend?

I told my husband that I will be bringing my needles with me, and he laughed.  Does he think I'm joking?  I have to say, he's really come around to accepting this new hobby of mine;  he asks me what I'm knitting, and doesn't ever ask me to put the needles away.  I've learned to use my beautiful bamboo needles when he is watching a movie.  They are so much quieter than my metal ones.  Thanks, again Brenda!  I love bamboo!

So for knitting progress this week:
I finished most of my boggle purse/bag while in the waiting room of the local hospital.  I'm on to; the last handle, and then just sewing up the seams.  I brought a friend there who wasn't feeling well, and while I waited for the doctor to have her seen, I was knitting away!  She laughed and said she couldn't believe how much enjoyment one person can get in a hospital waiting room.  I actually struck up a conversation with the person sitting next to me.  She looked a little bored, so I said to her, "I have some extra needles if you're interested."  Then realized that was probably the wrong thing to say in a hospital.  Needles?  Oh, boy.  That got the triage nurse looking at me quite funny.  Thankfully, the lady I said it to was a knitter and smiled, but declined my generous offer.  I even had extra yarn!  But we did get to talking about my next project, which will be a (can't say yet) for my Spring Fling Coffee Swap pal.  I'm not sure if this item really counts as a "spring" project, but it's coffee related so I hope that will do.  I'm actually torn between 2 projects, and one is crocheted so I may have time to do both and that should guarantee a happy acceptance, eh? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun...I hope you get to go some place wonderful...Northern Minnesota is fun?! Really! lol. Waiting to hear all about it....

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!