Saturday 8 March 2008

No signs of spring here!

This is me outside shoveling our sidewalk.  My DH took the shot from our upstairs window.

Can you see the snow on the shovel?  That poor little tree beside me is almost up to its branches in snow!  I'm wearing the hat and scarf that I crocheted myself.  If it weren't for snow, I'd have no excuse to wear them!  The reason you can't see me very well, the wind is blowing snow everywhere!

Our dog Levi loves to play in the snow!  This is him after he came inside.  He's not good at getting all of the snow off him.  

A beautiful evening shot of our front yard.  Still snowing, and all the shoveling I had done is now covered up again.  See that tree again?

Here's my little one making snow angels.  Can you believe that my two children wanted to walk to the store in this for some treats?  My 11 year old was given some spending money today, and can't wait!  

We are watching movies tonight, and sharing the goodies they got from the store (jube-jubes and chocolate bars) and I'll be finishing the rainbow scarf I am making for my twin sister.  The colors are so warm and cheerful, there's no way you can wear it and get the winter blahs!

Oh, we are also turning on the fireplace tonight!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow!! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's a ton of fun, for sure!

    This morning, our dog went out to play in the back yard, and didn't realize how deep the snow was. He jumped into the snow and ended up head first with just his bottom sticking out of the snow! I didn't have my camera with me, but you should have seen him trying to get out, and then he turned around and gave me such a funny look! I had to shovel a trench for my dog to run around in... it was fun digging pathways all around the yard. Good thing the snow was light and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!