Monday 24 March 2008

Spring Coffee Swap Questionnaire

Coffee

1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? Ground, please. I've never tried whole beans, as I don't have a coffee bean grinder. Unless my blender would do the trick? There is a button that says "Grind". Maybe I should try it?

2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non?
Is there really such thing as "leaded" coffee? I hadn't heard of leaded, so I will say no thank you to that one.
Otherwise, I enjoy a light or regular boldness. I would take any kind if it comes in mocha, LOL.

3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up?
Nescafe instant Mocha Cappuccino (as I'm currently out of filters). Othewise I would be getting a Tim Hortons fine ground coffee.

4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both?
That depends. Mostly just for pleasure, but if I'm having a rough day or anticipating stress, I enjoy a cup for the caffeine. Then there's those nights when I stay up late to watch a movie on TV when I really should get to bed... and I'm so tired the next morning! I usually have tea in the morning, but on days like this, tea doesn't always cut it.

5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers?
Yep! "That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it..." (I've got songs in my head today) Mocha, irish cream, french vanilla, hazelnut, etc.

6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? both, as long as they can go in the dishwasher! :)


7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it!
I have a special mug my sister gave me with teddy bears on it, and it makes me smile whenever I use it. So a 'warm-hug-mug' with a cup of coffee makes it a treat. I also have a lovely "Thank you" mug from a client, that makes me feel appreciated. I used to have a cute cartoon moose, but not sure where it disappeared to? Anyways, I would start some coffee in the afternoon just after I come in from the cold outdoors. I'd put the toddlers down for their afternoon nap, and enjoy some coffee while I take a short break. This is when (if all is quiet) I like to catch up on my blog reading to see what everyone else is up to.

8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? I would have a chocolate chunk cookie, or a chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie. MMMM!

Yarn

1. Do you knit or crochet?
Both - I've just gotten into knitting recently and I'm really enjoying it!

2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? Soft, smooth, cozy, cottons, and bulky yarns. There are so many types of yarn I haven't tried yet... but I like yarns that feel nice while you work with them.

3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now?
Needles:Red Sugar 'n Cream cotton to make a heart-shaped dishcloth, blue-grey yarn for a bobble purse I'm halfway done
Hook: a camouflage vest that I have to put the buttons on.

4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash?
I like most jewel tone colors, and most earthy tone colors. A color you wouldn't find in my stash is orange, unless I'm using it on a project for someone else. It just doesn't look good on me.

5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest?
A pal sent me a pair of Clover bamboo needles that I adore! I like hooks and needles that are easy/smooth to work with.

6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?

Ha Ha. The only tape measure I have is the kind I have to keep together with an elastic band. I've just gotten my first set of Etsy stitch markers, too, so I'm just in the beginnings stage of my notions collection.

7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with?

I haven't seen Malabrigo at my LYS yet, so I would have no choice but to pick that one. Otherwise, it would be a hard choice.

Spring

1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are?
*Chuckle* Not here! The sun is shining a bit brighter, so that's nice. But with 5 foot high snow banks, we have a ways to go still before we see signs of spring. Occasionally we see a bit of grass on the edge of sidewalks where someone has shoveled.
-sigh-

2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one?
I love to see the tulips pop up! That's one of the first beautiful things we see here in spring. My other favourite is the Tiger Lilly and the Iris, but they come up near the end of May.

3. What do you most look forward to about springtime?
Taking slow walks through the neighbourhood to find the first hints of gardens blooming.

4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day?
Part of it outside taking a long walk. I'd bring my dog along, so he can greet all the other doggies out with their owners.

5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up?
We'd play some indoor games with the kids, like magnet fishing in the living room. Later I would have a hot chocolate while knitting something warm.

Odds n Ends

1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
interesting pens from different places, stickers (for my kids' artwork), and chocolate (that always goes missing)

2. Are you allergic to anything? no

3. Do you have pets?
one dog; he's a sheltie named Levi

4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?
This will be my 3rd swap. The names of the last 2 swaps I've been in are:
Defeat the Winter Doldrums dishcloth exchange, and the knitter's Scavenger Hunt swap.

5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
I'm still trying to figure that out. I have a few on my google reader that I like to get updates on, like the secret pals from my last 2 swaps. It's fun to stay in the loop. I also like to discover new blogs to read, by clicking on the various links on other's blogs. Hope that's ok for an answer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Nice to read your questionnaire, I'd also never heard of 'leaded' coffee until this swap ;).

    Take care!

    Your swap pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you like this swap, it looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!