Saturday 26 March 2011

Beat the Winter Blues arrival!

Here is my beautifully anticipated package from SaucyMinx. Isn't it lovely?

Perfect for the weather this week.  I could almost think it snowed just so I could appreciate the timing of my parcel's arrival that much more.  We have plenty of snow outside still, as we got over a foot of snow this week after having had green lawns last week.  But that's Canadian Spring for you.  

I would have liked to take better photos, but my camera is out of service right now, so I've used my phone to take the photo.  Almost everything is in this picture.  Alix sent some extra treats for my kids to eat, so those treats are gone.  They were thrilled!  I read the card to them before opening the rest of the package, so they knew something was for them.  Then they got all antsy, ha ha ha.  
Look at all these goodies! 
Alix sent me so many things, I don't know how she managed to pack them all in the box - I had to take out the cracker jacks in order to fit it all back in the box... yum yum!  I haven't had this kind of treat for years, it was nice.  She also sent me some premium Belgian dark chocolate, which is safely hidden in the fridge. 
The real candy, though, was the yarn.  Alix totally spoiled me.  Not one, not two, but three different kinds of yarn was I given!  The first was two balls of Sirdar CHUNKY Denim - I love chunky yarn!  I'm looking at it, thinking it would make a great little bag;  I will have to look up what kinds of purses I can make with this, or perhaps another eReader cozy for my Kobo.  Next was this really cool kind of yarn that I've never seen before.  It not only changes color, but it also changes slightly in thickness and in pattern going from solid to stripes here and there.  I can't wait to knit it!  It's called Aldente, made in Italy.  Then there's the icing on the cake... something I thought about splurging on for myself, but decided I might have to wait until next March for it.  Well, it looks like I get to be part of Malibrigo March, after all!  Alix sent me a skein of malibrigo Kettle Dyed pure merino wool - it's sooooo soft and squooshy!  I love it!  Thank you for the yummy yarn, Alix!
To make sure I would be able to use my yarn whenever it called to me, Alix also gave me two different sizes of large circular knitting needles, and one chunky crochet hook.  Now I am well supplied to try on some new patterns!  Emma has her little hands on the crochet hook in the photo, checking it out.

The other things you will see in this parcel here are a Lilac Mist scented candle, which reminds me of the lilac tree we stop to smell on the way to the park in springtime, and a Sonoma bar of natural lavender soap.  I would grant bonus points for this item (if there were a points system) because this soap company donates 5 bars of soap to people in need for every bar you buy.  www.cleantheworld.org is their link, if you want to check it out.  The butterfly decorated note paper is so beautiful, and it comes in its own case that is shiny with a gold-like edging around the patterns.  Very pretty.  Alix also included for me a set of blue patterned greeting card set of blank cards for me.  Now I can try out card-making with some of the spring stamps I got.  I'm sure Evan would like to do this with me, as he is very creative and loves to do crafts and art.

I've been spoiled!  Thanks for everything Alix, I appreciate all the lovely things you've sent me.  I will send you photos of my finished objects when I'm done knitting with the yummy yarn you sent me. :)

That's all I can write for now, as we are going to turn off our lights for Earth Hour 2011 and chat in the candle light together.  Happy Earth Hour!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn!!!!

    I'm so glad you liked everything! I thought you would enjoy trying out the Malabrigo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right, Malibrigo is sooo nice!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!