Thursday 10 March 2011

Thursday - casting on

With only sleeves left to do on the baby Kimono now, I'm certain I'll be able to finish it today/tonight.  Next I will be getting ready to make my March Side Swap pal a little something.  I will have to make it a quick little project, as I still have WIP's that I need to get out in the mail.  The waffle stitch mitts for my sis, the cabled mitts for my friend, and a pair for my mom.

So I was looking through the pattern database on ravelry, trying to find a quick but nice project when I remembered the French Press Mug cozie I may a few years ago.

I think I could make it a little faster, having gone through the pattern once before.  There was another one I was thinking of doing, that looks just as nice.
This one here is called Kureyon Coffee Cozy by Michelle Molis.
I think either one would be lovely, but I don't have any of that beautiful Noro yarn to make a cozy with.  I'm trying to de-stash, and would like to use this yarn that I've just balled up this morning.  It's the second skein of shetland handspun yarn I received awhile ago from a swap pal.  I loved working with it for the fingerless gloves I made.
It doesn't look as nice in a ball as in the skein shape, but most knitters know that.
Here is what it looked like in a skein.

So I just have to decide which pattern to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!