Tuesday 22 March 2011

Looking for Video Tutorial - Any Suggestions?

I'm starting to think this premie baby will be all grown up by the time I get her Baby Kimono finished and sent in the mail....

I've finished the eyelet row at the bottom, and have bound off.  Now I'm at the hard part.
I have to pick up stitches on the arm holes.
See the picture?
I'm pointing to where I'm supposed to pick up stitches, only there are bound off stitches aw well underneath, as it is an arm hole.  The pattern only says to pick up stitches on the holder and knit flat, then seam them up.  I'd rather knit in the round and save myself the seaming after, as this yarn might be tricky to seam with all the little bumps.
I've been looking for a youtube video showing how to pick up stitches for a sweater sleeve, but can't seem to find any.  Am I looking with the wrong search terms?
Any suggestions?
I'm sure this will seem easy once I've seen how it's done, but for now I just want to learn how to do it properly, and before this little baby outgrows it.  I wanted to have it out to her weeks ago, and by now she must be at least 3 pounds.  Even if she grows out of it in a week, it will be special to me if she can wear it and snuggle up with her mommy with it.  Then later she can use it for her dolls to wear.
Comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!