Wednesday 30 March 2011

Part 2 Beat the Winter blues

What a beautiful circle of colors here, from my ravelry partner Tsita in the Beat the Winter Blues swap.  Yes, I volunteered to be paired up with 2 partners for this round, so everyone had a partner to swap yarn with.  I've arranged these items into a circle for the photo, as I found they each had something that blended to the next thing.  The yarn that changed color from green to blue, then the blue Cascade yarn (I've never got to own a skein of Cascade yet, so this week has been full of yarn spoiling for me), then some beautiful postcards for my postcard collection with cherry blossoms and a blue sky... and so on.  The postcards are awesome!  Lots of attractions from Tsita's area to read about.  I hoped for one, and she didn't disappoint.  I had seen the world's tallest man at a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Niagara Falls during our honeymoon, but I didn't realize he was from that area.  Cool!  I also didn't realize he only lived to the age of 22.  That was sad, his poor wife.  The chocolates even fit in the with color scheme here, as Tsita spoiled me with Godiva truffles, some of which were mint chocolate with green wrappers.  And in the top right corner you will see a cool looking blue flower, which is the music CD Tsita made for me.  Tsita is also making me a custom dream catcher that she will send to me when it's finished - she is so talented!  I am always amazed when I see how many talented people I see on ravelry.

Thanks for such an excellent package, Tsita!  This sure helps in beating those winter blues!  And all in good time, too, as we still have plenty of snow on the ground.  Hopefully not too much longer, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!