Wednesday 23 March 2011

What happened to spring?

No one told me this was coming.
2 days into spring, no less.
I don't want to go out in this today!
My teenager heard me grumble about the snow and said to me, "You know, mom, if I didn't have to go to school today I could walk Evan to school today.  Hint, hint." 
To which I replied, "That's nice sweetie, but you can't skip school to help me out.  I can deal with the snow."
He got ready for school and headed out (finally wearing the green camo hat I made for him last year - yay!) to catch his school bus.  A few minutes later he came back in, smiling.  I figured he missed his bus and thought, that won't get him out of school, he can take the city bus.
He exclaimed, "Snow Day!"
"Huh?"
"Someone drove by and said the buses were cancelled today!"
"Oh, honey.  You were pranked.  Someone is playing a joke on you.  Better go back out and catch your bus."
"No mom, really.  Three people came and told us the buses were cancelled today.  No school!"
"Let's check the storm centre online..."
Sure enough, all the buses in our district are cancelled.  For this little bit of snow?  OH.  This means there will be more snow today.  They are expecting much more snow. Great. 
The radio just had a weather update.  It will not stop snowing till after dinner.
Hey Mr. Mailman, today would be the perfect day to get my Beat the Winter Blues package. 
Now I'm off to get one of my favorite mugs and make some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!