Tuesday 22 January 2008

I checked out Ravelry - Wow!

As I'd gotten a few comments that Ravelry is a great source for crochet and knitting, I checked it out.  They were right!  This site looks great! I signed up for an invitation to join, so now I am on the waiting list.  Apparently there are 7517 people ahead of me in line, but they let in betwen 500 and 800 people a day.  I was quite amazed at how vast this site really is.  I took the video tour, and couldn't believe all the different features and tools there were for people to access.  I can see why people like it so much - I have never seen anything like it!

I tried out about 4 other stitches today for a dishcloth pattern, and kept unraveling them.  They looked great, but each new stitch I tried seemed like it would be better on a sweater or a poncho than on a dischloth.  I assume that a dishcloth being used to wash things wouldn't do well with all sorts of fancy holes in it.  I was happy with how well my Soloman's knot turned out, but didn't think it would fair well in a sink of dishes so it all came out again.  I am trying another crochet stitch called fences that are tightly woven together, so I think this one will work out well.

I am also looking for a good beginner pattern for Tunisian Crochet.  I like that it looks almost like knitting, but has the familiar feel of crochet, although slightly altered.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! It's your scavenger hunt swap spoiler! :) Can I call you Jenn? I'm so excited to get started, and just wanted to say hey, and also ask... what do you enjoy doing besides crafting? Just to get an idea of your personality. :)

    -You secret admirer... ahem... swap partner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can call me Jenn! :)
    I updated my profile to include a few more facts and interests. Hope that helps you get to know me a little better. As for my personality, I'm told that I am "one of a kind". I am usually quite easy going, always enjoy a good laugh - although I have to admit I am not good at telling jokes. That doesn't mean I don't try. Anyway, have a new look at my profile and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!