Tuesday 29 January 2008

Mission Impossible - The Secret Stash

I had been to my local yarn store, filled a large bag with yarn of all sorts.  I even got some for my secret pal that I thought would be nice.  My undoing came when I did not have the forethought of hiding all this wonderful yarn in a secret place to avoid capture by the little penguin that runs wild in my house (my 4 year old darling son).  Both my boys have a nack for making spider webs out of yarn.  Not small ones, either.  Once I left a ball of yarn out and it only took my preschooler a few minutes to turn it into a web that consumed both the dining area and the living room!  My husband came home and saw it;  he didn't think it was quite as funny as I did.  We gave him some preschool scissors to practise his cutting skills and he took the web down - this part took a considerable amount of time and he was happily occupied all afternoon!  
So, I had left out the large bag containing several skeins of yarn, to start a project the next morning with.  I went to bed thinking they would be fine there by my chair.   The next morning I was greeted by a chair woven in rainbow yarn!  This was the ball of yarn I was using to make my sister's scarf and she had picked out the rainbow yarn for herself.  I had only made a few rows, so I wasn't upset that he had completely unravelled it.  It was too funny to get upset over.    I guess the bright colors were too much for him to resist! I should have taken a picture!  I'm not sure when my little guy got out of bed to make this interesting yarn sculpture, because he was still asleep when I got up.  It reminds me of the elves who make shoes in the middle of the night.  Perhaps sometime I will wake up to a finished product? 

3 comments:

  1. Hey it's your scavenger hunt pal, just saying hey... oh man, I would laugh soooo hard if I woke up and my toddler had done that... I don't HAVE a toddler yet but you know... :) Next time you HAVE to take a picture!! So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure that won't be the last we've seen of the yarn bandit. I will have my camera ready next time. I have to tell you about one other time when my 11 year old was only 4. We came home from grocery shopping and he found the bag of corn starch I had bought in bulk. He said, "what's this?" and just then, he somehow opened the bag and had gotten corn starch everywhere! It was all over his clothes, his face, his hands, and in his hair. He looked like a powdered scarecrow! On this occassion I was more on the ball and ran for the camera; I took the picture before he could shake any of it off of him! I'd love to show you, but it wasn't a digital camera and it's already pasted in my scrapbook. One of my all-time favorite photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL That is HILARIOUS!!! :) He sounds like a doll!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!