Sunday 13 January 2008

Questionnaire for Dishcloth Swap

Here are the questions from the crochet swap blog I joined. After registering for a secret email address, we are asked to post the following questions with our answers. I have never joined an online swap group before, so I am pretty thrilled to be part of this. If any of you are wanting to check it out, I have the link listed on my blog. Here is where you can learn about this project, if you are so inclined:
http://dishclothexchange.blogspot.com/

I believe we have until January 18th to register for the swap.


So here are the questions, and my answers:

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
I crochet, although I am still just a novice. I knit a little, as a friend is teaching me how. I am also trying my hand in tunisian and double crochet. I love to learn new techniques.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?
I like the shiny metal crochet hooks that come in different colours and different sizes. I find size I /5.5 to be easy to use. I purchased these as part of a starter kit, so I can't say that I've tried other kinds for comparison.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try?
I love using the mulicolor ones for dishcloths, as it gives an interesting look. They work great for some patterns, not so good for others. I have a small amount of single color cotton in my stash, and I like how single color cotton shows the detail of the pattern so nicely. I find the plain color cotton is harder to come by, as it always seems to be sold out when I shop. I love the blue shades, and pastels in any color look lovely.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?
Our cabinets are a natural oak, and the walls are painted 'Maple Sugar'.

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?
Favorite colors for yarn would be all shades of blue, purple, cranberry, grey, hunter green and almost any shade of green except lime green. Lime green doesn't agree with me. I'm not too fond of orange, unless it's like an autumn orange.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?
There are many things I like about winter. I find it to be a very beautiful season, especially when the snowflakes are falling.
When winter starts to drag on and linger, then I start looking forward to spring.

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps?
Get hugs from my family. Read something funny or watch a romantic comedy.

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps?
Hot chocolate or french vanilla coffee

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?
Tea - I enjoy trying new kinds of tea. I find that I like a wide variety of tea.
I only drink coffee as a treat when going out to meet friends for coffee - I used to drink it too much, so that's my way of limiting myself. Hot chocolate is one of my favorite parts of winter!


10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do?
I would go to Prince Edward Island and see all the beautiful sites that inspired 'Anne of Green Gables'. I would also see if there were a local spa there to go to for an afternoon. I would so much enjoy a slower pace of life for one week. How wonderful!

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?
None that I am aware of so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!