Monday 21 January 2008

No blahs for me!

Boy it was cold out today! Brrr! We were out only a few minutes before I could feel my fingers getting frostbite underneath a double pair of mittens!    The only one who didn't seem to mind was Levi, our Sheltie.  He kept wanting to go out in the back yard and play in the snow. He's made a little game out of it. Every time he would come to the patio door and bark to be let in.  As soon as I started to slide open the door he darts away quickly!  When I start walking away from the door, he will sneak back up and act as if he wants to come in.  Then I open the door slowly... he looks at me.  I ask, "Do you want to come in?"  and off he goes again!   I can't help but laugh.  I obedience training we are told to only tell a dog once, and if he doesn't listen you have to make them obey, so they know who is boss.  Okay, well he  knows that I am not about to run out there in my socks and chase him around the snow to get him to come in.  Yeah right.  And I am too busy laughing at how silly he is.  We have quite a bit of fun with this game.  He knows when I am serious about him coming in, though, as I use a different tone and gestures.  If he comes right away he gets a treat.

Today was definately a day for Hot Chocolate!  I also did two new crochet stitches from my perpetual crochet calendar.  I tried Shells in the Background and Lover's Knot, which is sort of like Soloman's knot only with some lines of doubl crochet in between rows.  I think it's not bad for my first attempt.  I really hope that my spoilee from the dishcloth swap likes the dishcloths I am making for her.  She seems to be a seasoned pro, so I am a little nervous about them turning out good enough.  Then again, why sweat it out?  They are only going to be used for doing dishes, right?  I have to say, I should probably revise my New Year's Resolutions list.  It's very unlikely that I will be able to crochet 365 stitches this year.  I have skipped a few so far.  Some don't look all that intriguing, while others I can't wait to try.


I got my first secret pal email on the weekend.  I was so excited!  Just like when I was little, whenever I got a letter from my pen pal.  I knew it would be fun, but I didn't expect to be as thrilled as I was.  It was like when kids make a top secret club house and you have to know the password.  Only we don't know all the other kids!  I also wrote a note to the person whom I am a secret pal to - it was fun trying to be so mysterious!  I can't wait to go to the local yarn store this week and check it out!  A friend told me about it, so we are going to go together and try to stay within a reasonable budget - if that's possible.  I thought all we had here in Kitchener was Wal-Mart and Michaels, which both have such a small selection.  I only have 2 sets of knitting needles and barely anything that would resemble a kit!  It will be fun to see what is there.  I am going to check out some of the yarns that my secret pal spoilee has listed on her Questionnaire.  It will be nice to see and feel some of these interesting yarns that others are talking about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!