Monday 28 January 2008

I found a local yarn store!

This weekend I went with a friend to check out a local yarn store that we'd found out about.  We got there not too long before closing time, so we didn't get to browse everything.  I was looking for some yarn that my secret pal would like, but couldn't find it.  It seems to be popular with many bloggers here on both swap sites I've been to, but I have not come across it at any of the stores I have been to yet.  I will have to check online and see who carries it.  I did pick out a few balls of cotton yarn to make a special dishcloth for my secret pal.  Then the store clerk came and told us they were closing, so we had to quickly decide what to get.  I saw a free pattern for a crocheted two-tone vest that I would love to make, so the wonderful lady there helped me pick out the yarn to go with it.  I haven't found this yarn at the other stores I've been to, so I was very happy to add this to my stash!  It was two balls each of Moda Dea's "Tweedle Dee" Thunder and Blackberry.  I forgot to get the buttons;  That's the one thing I am always forgetting!  So I am going to go back again this week and hopefully find some more things I can get for the scavenger hunt, and the dishcloth swap.  I'm also going to read through other people's blogs and see if there are links to online stores that might have more unique things to spoil someone with.  My "something local" category item should be easy since I've found out that two yarn brands have their yarn made nearby.  

Anyways, I had a great time exploring the local yarn store, even though it was a short trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!