Tuesday 22 January 2008

Boy's camo pullover


I finally posted a picture! Whoo hoo! I'll get the hang of this yet!
So this photo is the yarn I am using for my current project, which is to make camoflage pullover hoodies for some of the children that I take care of. Once they saw me working on a vest for my son (which he refused to wear), they got all excited and asked, "Can you make me one, too?" and of course, I couldn't say no. So whenever they the yarn out, they ask if it's done. I try to show them the progress, as they were under the impression it would have been finished for the next day. So now when the children arrive, I show them how it's coming along, and they are happy to see progress. I think it makes it more special to them. They keep thinking of things that they would like for me to make them. I have had to learn to not commit to too many things, as much as I would love to spoil them with all sorts of warm and cozy knit & crochet items. But I wouldn't want to have a waiting list a mile long for items that will take me ages to get to. So all I am committing to is who gets to be next. The children are ok with that, and it gives them some time to decide on what sort of thing they really want me to make for them. I finished the back part of the sweater last night. I noticed that the bottom part was way looser than the top of it. I usually make the bottom to tight, so this time I made a consious effort to loosen the stitches on the chain row. Then halfway through the week when I was experiencing all that anxiety, I was working on the middle part of the back side. That's where I notice all the stitches started to get tighter. Wow! I can actually see how stress effects my crocheting! So now the bottom has a little bit of waviness to it as it is a bit more stretchy compared to the rest. I wonder if this will make it look horrible? Or if it will work out? Maybe this is why people do 'blocking'. I haven't actually done blocking, so I don't know. I'll try and post a photo on my next post and see if I can get some opinions on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!