Tuesday 29 January 2008

Writer's block

Do you ever get an idea to blog about, go to your computer, then totally forget what you were about to write?

I'm sure it will come back to me... then I will edit this post and no one will ever know.  Unless, of course, someone beets me to it and reads this before I think of something else to replace it with!  

Tonight I am spending some time reading through the other bloggers on the Scavenger Hunt Swap and on the Dishcloth Swap.  I am trying to see how long it will take me to get through all their blogs!  The cool thing is, at some point I will read the blog belonging to my secret pals and won't even know it!  Unless, that is, I discover their writing style and uncover some clues!  Ok, too much C.S.I. for me?  Maybe I'm going through withdrawal - you know they took it off the channel I usually watch it on for Monday nights.  It's been 2 weeks now without CSI Miami.  I miss it!  No one informed me of this change!  I really didn't see it coming.  So sad, too bad.  I'm hoping that the new show sucks enough (oh, can I say that?) that the people in charge will notice what a grave error in judgement they made, and switch it back soon.  

OH!  It happened again!  For a split second, I remembered what it was that I wanted to blog about, and then it was gone again!  The funny thing is, when I forget something I want to say, it will seem like it was something important and my mind will not rest until I remember.  Then when I do remember, it turns out that it wasn't anything important.  Usually just a side note kind of thought.  Sometimes amusing, but never really all that important.  Then I think, why was I bothering about that?  I was wondering all day for that little thought?  On the bright side, at least I remember the important things.  My Grandad tells a joke about this, "I have a great memory, it just doesn't always work" I love when he says that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. My doggies are Boxers, and what a couple of mommy's babies they are. Love 'em to bits.

    The bags you asked about. Well... if you want to scroll through my 2007 posts you can find one of them on June 15 and another on June 23. Three other felted bags are pictured on June 7, June 28, and October 10.

    I actually read almost your entire blog last night, and really enjoyed it. I'm a teacher, and I wish I'd had the opportunity to work with your son! I teach at a small Christian school, and we have zero tolerance for bullying, as all schools should.

    It's been fun "meeting" you. I'll be stopping back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alana, your kind words speak to my heart.
    We are actually thinking of getting him a tour of some of the local Christian schools when he is ready to attend again. I think he would benefit from the extra trust, caring, and values that teachers at small Christian schools provide.

    I can't wait to check out the felted bags on your posts! Thanks for showing me where to find them. I'll stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!