Sunday 13 January 2008

The Scavenger hunt questionnaire

So here are my answers to the questions for the scavenger hunt swap that's on Blogger.

1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?

Both. I my sister taught me to do a chain stitch at age 5. We would crochet bracelets with our fingers. Years later, a dear friend of my grandmother's taught me the double crochet stitch. That's the only one I knew, and made blankets with it. I forgot about it for awhile until a friend gave me the most beautiful baby blanket I had ever seen for our baby shower. It's now a treasured keepsake. I was inspired to take up the hook again, and I have made a few simple projects last year. Now I am also learning to knit from a good friend. I knitted my first dishcloth last week, and was told it turned out nicely.

2) What is on your needles/hook right now?
Hook: camoflage sweater for a child.
Needles: sample swatch to practice my stitches on. I only have 2 pairs of needles to start with, so gauge doesn't matter that much at the moment.

3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
My Lion Brand Split Ring Markers

4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite?
I've only worked with a few yarns so far, but I like those cotton dishcloth yarns, the Bernat soft yarns, and baby blanket yarns. Least favorite would be a yarn that's difficult to work with, like the ones with knots or bunches in them.

5) What is your favorite color?
All shades of blue and purple.

6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?
LYS - Local Yarn Store? I'd try to grab 4-5 skeins each of yarn I've never tried before, or go for the specialty yarns.

7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
Sorry, I have no idea what FO is.

8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?
I've made dishcloths, a scarf, some hats, and 2 vests. Any project that turns out ok seems to be a favorite for me.
Right now, it's making sweaters for the children I do childcare for. They get so excited when they hear I'm making something for them.

9) Do you collect anything?
slow cooker recipes, new or used patterns to try for either crochet or knitting, short stories, and interesting pens from different places.

10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
A beautiful day, a sincere smile, a heartwarming hug, a sweet sound, and the smell of something wonderful cooking for dinner!

11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?
Never heard of it. Should I be?

12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?
Yes!

13) Favorite Sweets?
chocolate

14) Any allergies?
no

15) Do you have pets? kids?
Pet: one dog, a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) named Levi. He looks just like Lassie, only a bit smaller.

3 comments:

  1. HI,
    FO = Finished Object.
    Ravelry is a giant community and database for knitters & crocheters. Sign up to join (takes about 2 weeks for an invitation) at www.ravelry.com. It is a fabulous resource!
    Cate (fellow Scavenger Hunt participant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cate, for explaining that to me.

    I will definately check out that website.

    By the way, that's a great screen name, "Having a knit fitt". It brought out a smile.

    Have a great day!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! Cate is right, Ravelry is amazing!! So many patterns and people resources. You'll love it, especially while you're learning, you can get lots of help! I'm just checking on questionnaires and anonymous posting, so you're all good and we'll get to swapping soon!

    Carly
    Scavenger Hunt Hostess

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!