Saturday 9 February 2008

Cloth and Clay

That's the name of the LYS I went to today!  Wow!  It looked so delightful, but I couldn't stay long.  The plan was to have my husband take the boys out to lunch whilst I explored this wonderful new discovery.  But unfortunately, they could not find anything for them to do and came back to see if I was done shopping.  By then I had just finished paying for the purchases I had made for my secret pals, but didn't get to browse around for fun.  I promised that I wouldn't get anything for myself on this visit, and somehow ended up getting a skein of sock yarn (everything today was 20% off, which they said only happens every February).  The silly thing is, I have never made socks, don't have sock needles, patterns, or whatever else it is that you need to make socks.  Why on earth did I buy sock yarn?  I was buying a skien of it for my secret pal, and it looked so intriguing that for some reason I found myself grabbing an extra one for myself.  The sales lady didn't mind adding another item to my bill - which was substantially higher than what I was supposed to spend even with the discount.  But I wanted to make sure I had everything on my list, and I'm sure the gifts will be well liked.  As it is typical of me, I forgot that I already had certain things picked out (but didn't check it off my category for the scavenger hunt), and then purchased something else for that category.  So I have a few extra trinkets to put in the gift pack.  I also found the cutest soap for my spoilee in the dishchloth swap!  I am so thrilled to have taken care of it early!  The only thing I have to do now, is pick out a nice card for them, a box to wrap everything in, and finish knitting my dishcloths!  Silly me, I accidentally gave away one of the dish cloths I had made for the dishcloth swap to my sister - she really liked it.  I can whip up a new one.  I am trying to make a new pattern tonight - a double woven dishcloth.  I have already frogged it about 3 or 4 times!  I am on line 7 now.  I will take some photos tomorrow to show you some of the stuff I got! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have a couple of lucky buddies! :) How is everything going? And what was the sock yarn you got?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty good. I've had a tough couple of weeks, and not much knitting getting done, but that's normal for this time of year. Yes I have tried ravelry... I'm on it all day lol! I love it. Can't wait to see the dishcloth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I accidentally deleted my last comment I posted here - should have been in betwee these two. I was trying to edit a spelling mistake I made and somehow hit the wrong button. I have no idea how to fix it, so I guess it's gone forever! Silly me! Now the comments look more like a one-sided telephone conversation. LOL

    On the bright side, I am almost done the dishcloth I've been working on this weekend! I just have to check www.knittinghelp.com because I've fortotten how to bind off (as emabarrassing as that is). Just the first bit, I remember the rest. Then I'll post a photo. I'm so pleased with it. The colors show up well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem when I first started... aren't her videos at knittinghelp.com amazing? They're so helpful. :)

    One day I will learn to click the anonymous button BEFORE I submit my comment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!