Friday 15 February 2008

Visiting blogs today

Tonight I'm goint to catch up on some Dishcloth swap blog reading, as well as some blogs on the Scavenger Hunt Swap.  I'm trying to get through the list alphabetically.  I'm still way back at the beginning.  I've checked out a few other blogs out of order, like knit fit, and a few others after reading about them on the scavenger hunt's page (contest for listing your favorite blogs).  I'm finally done the A's and B's on the dishcloth swap (love that Coffee Yarn blog layout!).  I keep losing my place on the Scavenger hunt list of blogs, so I've read a few over - that's okay, as there's always something new to read on them.  I'm not sure if I will actually get through the entire lists, but I am hoping to.

There is one exception,  I will not be reading any blogs whose name starts with "K".  I don't want to spoil anything, and I have an idea that one of my secret pal's names starts with a K.  I deleted the post as soon as I saw there was a name accidentally on it, but tried not to look at the name.  Thankfully, I am really bad at names (not always a good thing, but here it works well) so that's all I remember.  So if you are reading this, "K" a.k.a. secret pal, I will not spoil the fun by cheating.  I'll wait like a good spoilee for my package to arrive and then learn who you are.  Then I will go straight away to your blog and find out more about you!  And as for my other secret pal, a.k.a. "secr3t pal", I have no idea who you are!

For the dishcloth exchange blogs, I'm going to try and read through the C's today - there are so many of them!  for the Scavenger blogs, I thought they were out of order but now I see they are backwards alphabetical.  So I'm going to start at the bottom and try and get A - C/D done as I know I haven't read the bottom listed names yet.

Hey - it's Friday!  Hope you've all had a good week!  Plans for the weekend?  Michaels is having a huge yarn sale tomorrow, so I'm going to double check my lists and make sure I haven't missed anything.  There are a couple of items I was having doubts about, so this gives me one more chance to finish everything up before I am due to ship on Monday... hope my Etsy items get here in time!  I just want to make sure the shipping gets there on time.  Perhaps I should double check how fast expresspost might arrive there.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! So sorry... I've done that like, three times, and keep having to delete the comments... I would probably not make a good spy! :)

    I would suggest getting her the color that's her favorite, if she seems happy with that color other times she's gotten it.

    And yes, I did yawn when you said yawn... for some reason I keep typing yarn instead of yawn! UGH! :)

    This is your secret pal, who's hoping she's smart enough to sign this message as anonymous for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, you don't know how many times I had to go back and type the word 'yawn' last night. I was so tired, my hands wouldn't do it right once! yane, yawn, yarn, wyan, etc. I was tempted to just save it as a draft, and see in the morning how badly I botched it.

    I must be keeping you busy, eh? So much for the minimum once a week blog! Can you tell I do so much more blogging since I've joined these 2 swaps? I put in my request for the dishcloth exchange, and wasn't sure if I had gotten in, so I signed up for the Scavenger hunt swap. Then it turns out I made the registration cut offs and got in to both! Who knew I had this much spare time? I don't really, but I like this better than TV, so I let the boys have the remote (that includes hubby).

    Update: I checked the mail today, my abacus (row counting) bracelet and matching sockinette stitch markers arrived today!!! I can finally pack them up to send out for my secret pal in the dishcloth exchange. I really hope she likes them! The are so lovely! Red and white beads, and they even sent me 2 complimentary stitch markers that had my initials. That was so sweet! Now I have my very first 2 stitch markers, so now I can try and use them on my next dishcloth. I figure I can use them for the knit 3 at the beginning and the end, LOL. I also stopped by at the post office to pick up my packing boxes, and check if I have enough time for it to get there. They said I will be good for a few more days still. I'm tempted to post a photo of the stuff I got, but I hear others don't do that just in case their spoilee finds out. So I'll take a photo and wait to post it till after she gets it.

    Ok, this is practically turning into a full blog now...
    Thanks for the comment, I really like to read them!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!