Monday 11 February 2008

Weekly Topic #4

" Defeat the Winter Doldrums" for some of us we get the doldrums and others don't. For the ones who get doldrums what helps you get rid of them? For the ones who don't get the doldrums, what helps you keep them away?

I usually call them the Winter Blahs. Sometimes I get them, but they don't last too long. Most of our relatives are out of town, so we don't visit them as much during the winter, as well as friends who live out of town. Hot chocolate helps. We rent more movies, put on the fire place, and usually order in food more rather than dining out. My husband likes to order Swiss Chalet. I try to get a few new slow cooker recipes to try - I love soup! My husband likes a good beef stew. I like to knit or crochet warm winter accessories whilte it's still cold out. Winter is so much cozier that way. Last year I had made my first hat and matching scarf, and everytime I wear it, I don't mind going out in the cold. I would love to knit a pair of mittens - haven't done that yet. I found the best pair of mittens in college at a store. The looked hand made, though I don't remember if they were. The pattern looked so cheerful. They were large enough for me to wear another whole pair of mittens inside. All my buddies in college saw them, and ran out to get a pair for themselves. So we had a little mitten posse going on. I'm certain we had the warmest hands of anyone on campus! There were no winter blahs that year! If I ever see a pair like that again, I will have to get the pattern and make me a fun pair of mitts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello!