Wednesday 6 February 2008

Dishcloth swap topic # 3



Please post a picture of your yarn stash for making dishcloths and the notions you use on them. So, 2 pics 1 of dishcloth yarn stash and 1 of your notions you use for making dishcloths.

This is a photo of my knitting suitcase. This was my suitcase as a child, recently given to me again by my sister. I had no idea it was still around! We very seldom went away anywhere with it, but had a lot of fun packing things in it and pretending to go away. Have you ever seen that episode where Mr. Bean packs his suitcase for vacation? I really like that one. My little suitcase has a nice wide pocket in the back for knitting needles to fit in.

Inside my suitcase are all my dishcloth yarns. All of them are Bernat brand, as I have not found any other brand locally for dishcloths, but I've found that Bernat and Patons brands are both made locally so that's pretty neat. I love any color of dishcloth yarn. I love working with cotton yarn. I would love to try some of that Sugar and Cream yarn that everyone else uses, but have never seen any at my local yarn store. There is one other store in my area that I just found out about on the weekend. I would like to go there this week, but the weather might not permit it. We are supposed to have a huge snowstorm tonight, so it might have to wait till the weekend. I can't wait to go there!

Okay, so as for notions: I don't have any. Unless that includes needles. I have 3 sets of needles; size 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 6.0mm. I do not have any knitting stitch markers; I have some Lion brand crochet plastic stitch markers.

That's my stash!

Hope you are having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. hey, i like this topic! gave me some great ideas for goodies!!! woot!

    secr3t.pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Bean is great! I've seen all his episodes!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say hello!